The AgHui (formerly Agricultural Response & Recovery Working Group) is a broad coalition of agricultural stakeholders from across the sector and the state.
We first convened in April 2020 in response to the destabilization of the coronavirus pandemic to forge deeper connections between local agriculture, emergency food distribution, and long-term economic planning.
Together we have articulated a plan to keep farmers and ranchers afloat, mobilize local food production to address immediate community feeding needs, contribute to Hawaiʻi’s economic recovery, and build lasting food system capacity to grow a more resilient Hawaiʻi.
One of the key functions of the AgHui is to maintain a living list of Hawaiʻi ag projects that are investment and/or funding ready.
- Farmers, ranchers and other ag system actors may add their ready-to-grow projects to our listing here.
- Funders and investors interested in committing financial resources to the agricultural system can learn about projects throughout the state on this dashboard.
For more information contact us at AgHuiHawaii@gmail.com.
- Sarah Freeman, County of Hawaiʻi
- Nicole Galase, Hawaiʻi Cattlemen’s Council
- Michelle Galimba, Kuahiwi Ranch
- Jeannette Gurung, Women Organizing for Change in Agriculture and Natural Resource Management
- Hunter Heaivilin, Supersistence
- Taylor Kellerman, Kualoa Ranch
- Dexter Kishida, City & County of Honolulu
- Chris Lee, Pono Pacific
- Noa Lincoln, UH CTAHR
- Bruce Matthews, UH Hilo College of Agriculture, Forestry and Natural Resource Management
- Albie Miles, UH West Oʻahu, Sustainable Community Food Systems
- Nicole Milne, The Kohala Center
- Vincent Mina, Hawaiʻi Farmers Union United
- Micah Munekata, Ulupono Initiative
- Lisa Rhoden, North Shore Economic Vitality Project
- Claire Sullivan, MAʻO Organic Farms
- Kristen Kahaloa, Kamehameha Schools Bishop Estate
- Eric Tanouye, Hawaiʻi Floriculture and Nursery Association and Green Point Nurseries
- Linus Tavares, American AgCredit
- Ivy Wappler, Pono Pacific
- Harmonee Williams, Hawaii Good Food Alliance
- Denise Yamaguchi, Hawaiʻi Agricultural Foundation
- Janel Yamamoto, GoFarm Hawaiʻi
Working Group members are participating as individuals with specialized expertise, and are not serving as official representatives of their respective organizations.
Advisory, Supporting and Reference Agencies
- Phyllis Shimabukuro-Geiser, Hawaiʻi Department of Agriculture (HDOA)
- Morris Atta, HDOA
- Matthew Loke, HDOA